Total funding 2016-17
London local government received approximately £22.7 billion of funding to spend on local services, capital programmes and maintaining and investing in local authority housing (HRA).
- London boroughs’ revenue funding is equal to £14 billion, including £5.9 billion ring-fenced Education grants.
- The borough's capital funding is £5.8bn
- Total Housing Revenue Account (HRA) funding in London is equal to £2.9 billion.
This bubble chart shows how London local government was funded in 2016-17.
Total expenditure 2016-17
The second chart shows how London local government has budgeted to spend a total of £22.3 billion in 2016-17.
- Revenue spending on day-to-day services represents £13.7 billion of total expenditure,
- Capital expenditure on infrastructure such as housing and education makes up £5.8 billion
- HRA expenditure is equal to £2.9 billion of total expenditure.
This bubble chart shows London local government expediture in 2016-17.