We act on behalf of local authorities in London to highlight the specific needs of the London boroughs as they fulfil their statutory responsibilities to provide adult social care.
Our work on adult social care aims to
- raise awareness about the challenges boroughs are facing in delivering and commissioning adult social care.
- support London local authorities by providing London focused adult social care briefings and analysis
- give local authorities an opportunity to share the best practice and to contribute to the development of local policy issues, through organising pan London meetings and other activities.
London Councils works closely with a range of partners including:
- London Association of Directors of Adult Social Services who are supported by London ADASS
- NHS England (London)
- Department of Health
- Local Government Association (LGA)
For further information about our work on social care policy please contact: Anastasia.Mulenga@londoncouncils.gov.uk