London Councils has started recruitment for key roles at the London Office of Technology and Innovation (LOTI) by seeking a Director for the new city-wide venture.
LOTI is a collaboration between the London boroughs that will build common capability and enable faster adoption of technology, data and digital skills across the capital’s public services.
With a mission of fostering radical and effective ideas for the benefit of citizens, communities and businesses, LOTI was established as a result of a high-profile commitment from the Mayor of London and the London boroughs to digital transformation of public services.
LOTI is being co-ordinated and hosted by London Councils, the umbrella group representing the 32 boroughs and City of London.
London Councils is looking for a Director for LOTI who will act as a “visionary, strategic and dynamic leader”, working with the boroughs to design and deliver LOTI’s activity programme during its start-up period and beyond.
Philip Glanville, Mayor of Hackney and London Councils’ Digital Champion, said:
“This is a unique opportunity to lead an exciting new venture committed to using data and technology to improve public services and benefit Londoners.
“London boroughs have been at the forefront of public sector digital innovation in the UK and we are determined to remain at the cutting edge. From improving air quality through smart technology to improving the efficiency and impact of frontline services, LOTI has a key role to play in achieving our collective ambitions.”
Theo Blackwell MBE, London’s Chief Digital Officer, said:
“London’s public services need to be able to anticipate and make the most out of future developments in technology. LOTI will support digital collaboration across London’s councils, and play a crucial role in mobilising the capital’s tech sector and universities as we develop new services for Londoners together.”
The recruitment drive follows London Councils formally signing the Local Digital Declaration, through which local public service bodies commit to raising their ambitions for digital transformation.
Notes to Editors:
1. London Councils is recruiting a Director, Programme Manager, and Lead Engagement Officer within LOTI. Details on the LOTI roles and recruitment process can be found at: https://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/who-we-are/vacancies
2. Further background on LOTI can be read at: https://medium.com/@SmartLondon/developing-a-london-office-for-technology-innovation-progress-report-2c712415d249
3. The Local Digital Declaration expresses a common ambition and commitment to:
- Design services that best meet the needs of citizens
- Challenge the technology market to offer the flexible tools and services we need
- Protect citizens’ privacy and security
- Deliver better value for money
More information on the Local Digital Declaration can be found at: https://localdigital.gov.uk/declaration/