Key areas of work
The cluster aims to work in collaboration with data and technology specialists to identify and develop innovative, digital ideas, solutions and opportunities that support the capital’s environmental and place objectives. The cluster aims to achieve the following:
- Actively connect environment & digital leaders to find solutions and opportunities;
- Bring together digital and environmental specialists to foster shared understanding and collaborative working;
- Facilitate the development of business cases and piloting of innovative digital solutions;
- Showcase emerging digital solutions and best practice with environmental leaders;
- Act as a conduit for sharing information and learning, and understanding and disseminating best practice; and
- Ensure that digital innovation meets the needs of our residents and represents value for money.
To support the development of the cluster and identify key digital solutions for London, we will be holding three workshops on the following dates:
- Thursday 23 September 2021: 14:00-17:00; digital innovators speed dating sessions
- Monday 13 December 2021: 14:00-16:30; TBC
- March (date TBC)
LEDNet's work on digital innovation is led by Keith Townsend, Corporate Director for Environment and Regeneration at LB Islington. Other London boroughs represented on the cluster are Greenwich, Westminster, Havering, Croydon, Newham and Hounslow. The cluster meets four times/year.
External organisations on the cluster include the London Officer for Technology and Innovation (LOTI).
Projects and publications
Recent areas of work include the London pilots of ClimateView software.
Engaging with the cluster
Please contact the LEDNet team if you have queries relating to LEDNet’s work on digital innovation or are interested in presenting at a meeting.