Our health and social care team’s policy work is driven by four core priorities:
- Create partnerships to keep London's children and young people safe; especially from gangs.
- Champion and build on borough public health achievements in enhancing health and wellbeing for Londoners and make the case for adequate funding.
- Act with partners to transform both access and quality of health and care services for Londoners.
- Campaign for adequate funding and reform of adult social care
We work closely with boroughs and a range of partners. These include:
- NHS England (London)
- Public Health England (London)
- London Clinical Commissioning Council and Office of London CCGs
- The Department of Health
- Local Government Association (LGA)
- The Mayor and Greater London Authority (GLA).
- The Metropolitan Police Service
- Securing devolution to support the transformation of health and care in London
- Supporting the strengthening of local Health and Wellbeing Boards
- Supporting the integration of health and social care
- Securing the funding London needs to ensure a viable future for adult social care
- Supporting collaboration in public health where it can add value
For further information about the work of London Councils policy work in this area please contact:
Strategic Lead for Health & Social Care
020 7934 9830
Policy and Projects Manager (Adult Social Care/Integration)
020 7934 9809
Policy and Projects Manager (Public Health)
020 7934 9507
Principal Policy and Projects Officer (Public Health)
020 7934 9972
Manager (London Safeguarding Children Board) Principal Policy and Projects Officer (Children's Services)
020 7934 9714
Policy Support Officer (London Safeguarding Children Board)
020 7934 9683