The government's comprehensive spending review comes at a pivotal moment for the future of the country, as we seek to rebuild the economy and emerge collectively stronger and more resilient from the global pandemic. It also comes at a time of huge financial risk for councils and the communities they serve. The government is committed to “levelling up” and addressing inequalities of productivity, opportunity, and wealth across the country - but those inequalities are as stark within regions as between them. London boroughs are determined to play their part in driving the social and economic recovery our country needs, but to do so they need both financial support and greater freedom to manoeuvre.
- Take immediate steps to shore up London’s economy
- Equip boroughs to drive a green recovery
- Boost housing delivery in London
- Support longer term job creation and productivity
- Invest in London’s strategic infrastructure and roads.