As the cross-party group representing all 32 boroughs and the City of London Corporation, London Councils’ submission to the Spending Review makes the case for investment in London’s local services to support the nation’s economic recovery.
Our priorities for the Spending Review reflect the government’s ambitions on:
1) Levelling up opportunity, particularly for young Londoners.
2) Supporting a green recovery so London can drive the transition to Net Zero.
3) Unlocking housing through infrastructure as part of the plan for growth.
4) Advancing Global Britain by supporting London as the UK’s global city.
5) Ensuring strong and innovative local public services.
To read London Councils’ full submission to the Spending Review 2021, click here.