Alcove is fundamentally disrupting the traditional telecare market by embracing the world of connected, widely available smart technologies to help providers cut costs and improve delivery of care while allowing people to remain independent in their homes for as long as possible. By installing sensor-based technology within homes, the health and wellbeing of vulnerable residents can be monitored remotely, and potential problems or accidents identified as and when they arise.
Alcove technology is available in a range of standard packages, from the ‘keep in touch’ package, which includes a device with simple video calling capabilities, to ‘dementia concern’, a sensor and telecommunication package that provides alerts, check-ins, and medicine prompts as well as being connected to family, friends and an emergency call centre.
Alcove recognise that each person has unique requirements depending on their circumstances and therefore it is possible to add or remove the technology based on individual needs.
The benefit of Alcove is that residents can get on with their lives as normal – they don’t have to do anything differently. If they do, Alcove have locked down all devices so they are simple to use, recognising that most users will be digitally excluded to some degree.
- Extends the care network around the individual by engaging family and friends, reducing the need for paid staff and professionals.
- Encourages individuals to live independently for longer, reducing the need for costly social care interventions.
- Video calling may replace some face to face visits by professionals where appropriate.
- Protects vulnerable residents from harm, reducing incidents of unchecked wandering, falls, missed medication.
- Reduces hospital A&E admissions via prevention, and reduces hospital re-admissions via re-ablement.
East Thames Group housing association realised cost savings of £35k per annum in a single 4-resident scheme. Alcove conducted a trial, which has since materialised to full partnership, where 92% of users felt Alcove’s apps and systems were easy to use, while 84% of caeres reported feeling less stressed since using the technology.
Alcove is currently deployed in various London boroughs – either via Housing Associations or directly, including Barking & Dagenham, Barnet, Haringey, Havering and Waltham Forest.
For more information please contact:
Thomas Man, Head of Capital Ambition ([email protected])