Pan-London Grants Programme
Pan-London Programme from 2022
- Prevention and targeted intervention
- Youth homelessness
- Support to the statutory and non-statutory sector to improve the response to homelessness
- Prevention work with children and young people
- Advice, counselling and support to access services
- Helpline - support, advice, and access to refuge provision
- Data gathering and support for regional coordination of refuge provision
- Emergency refuge accommodation, support and move-on support (London Councils is likely to call for proposals for refuge provision in 2022)
- Targeted services for those affected by harmful practices
- Support to the statutory and non-statutory sector to improve the response to domestic abuse
Who is this invitation to express an interest aimed at?
- April 2021, invite expressions of interest
- July 2021, call for proposals for services (applications for funding)
- November 2021, Grants Committee agree grants
- December 2021, Leaders’ Committee agrees budgets
- April 2022, new projects start
- Not for profit: London Councils cannot fund organisations that make a profit. It can fund social enterprises and other organisations that generate surpluses, if the organisation’s governing documents show that the surplus must be reinvested. This must also be reflected in the organisation’s accounts.
- Constituted: Organisations must have a constitution or governing document that has been formally adopted by the organisation, is signed and dated, and defines how the organisation will operate. A governing document can be a written constitution, or Memorandum and Articles of Association of a company. Activities outlined in a funding application cannot be outside the remit of the organisation as set out in its constitution.
- Able to work across more than one London borough: The legislation that governs the operation of the Grants Scheme only allows London Councils to fund organisations that deliver services in more than one London borough. Due to the diverse range of London’s communities and the pan-London coverage required to meet the programme’s eligibility criteria, London Councils anticipates applications from partnerships, or sole organisations with enough reach. London Councils funds partnerships via a lead partner, however, all organisations within a partnership need to meet the eligibility criteria.
- Financially solvent: Organisations funded by London Councils must not have liabilities that exceed current assets.
- Not a public or local authority body: The legislation that governs the operation of the Grants Scheme does not allow London Councils to fund public bodies such as NHS trusts, local authorities, state schools or colleges.
- Deliver services within Greater London: The legislation that governs the operation of the Grants Scheme requires that funding, which comes from London boroughs, must benefit people who live in the capital.
What we will ask
- Name, address, borough your organisation is based in, phone number, website address (if you have one), legal status, charity/company number
- Aims, vision and specialisms
- Whether you are thinking of applying as a lead partner or a collaborating partner
- The Priority(s) and service area(s) you are considering
- A brief summary of your activity over the past year
- The boroughs you would be able to deliver in
- Confirmation that the information you have provided is accurate
If you have any questions, please read the FAQ under Related Documents (top right of this page). If you need further assistance, please contact us at [email protected]
Deadline for submitting an expression of interest: 12 noon, 25 June 2021
London Councils pan-London Grants Programme 2022-2026 - Market warming event
London Councils is inviting London-based voluntary and community, and not-for-profit organisations with expertise in combatting homelessness and tackling domestic and sexual abuse to a virtual event on 25 June 2021 from 10am-11:30am, to hear about the services London Councils is considering commissioning, and offer expert advice about how best to deliver these services.
We are still accepting expressions of interest up to 25 June 2021. If you have not already done so, please complete an expression of interest form - London Councils pan-London Grants Programme 2022-2026 – Expression of Interest - and register to attend the virtual event here.