London is the business capital of Europe and the most outward looking global city on the planet. All London boroughs are committed to nurturing that success and ensuring that all Londoners can share in it. We aspire to be the first choice of every London business when it wants a conversation with London government. London boroughs will work together towards the achievement of these goals by:
- Co-designing a Charter for Business with London businesses, improving London as a place to do business, promoting inclusive growth and positive dialogue.
- Lobbying to ensure that post-Brexit development funding provides at least as much support to London as the current EU ESIF programme.
- Working alongside the Mayor to transform adult skills training through the devolved powers starting in 2019; supporting in work progression and ensuring that we meet the job aspirations of learners and the skills needs of business in each part of London.
- Working towards a better start for young people through improved careers advice, work experience for every young Londoner and building the case to extend skills devolution to include 14-19 provision.
- Working in partnership with London businesses to help government reform the apprenticeship levy; including using London levy underspends to support training within London.
- Creating a comprehensive local welfare support offer for those transferring to Universal Credit or at risk of homelessness, supported by work with government to develop more effective funding models based on invest to save principles.
- Supporting 55,000 disadvantaged Londoners towards a job through the devolved employment programme agreed with the DWP.
- Lobbying government for co-location and joint working of council and Job Centre Plus services.