Who is eligible for a Taxicard?
Taxicard is for people with a long term mobility impairment, or severe sight impairment, which makes it difficult for them to use mainstream public transport such as tubes, buses and trains. Long term means that the effect of the impairment has lasted or is likely to last at least 12 months.
In order to be eligible automatically you should either:
- Receive the Higher Rate Mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance
- Receive 8 points or more for moving around activity component of Personal Independence Payment
- Be registered as Severely Sight Impaired/Blind (Being Partially Sighted does not allow automatic entry)
- Receive a War Pension Mobility Supplement
- Receive High rate attendance allowance in the following boroughs, Barnet, Islington, Newham, Redbridge, Sutton or Westminster
Proof will be required that you are in one of the above categories.
If you are not in one of the above categories you may still apply, but you may have to provide further information or be required to have a mobility assessment.