This programme has been developed to help identify and train future senior local government officers in London.
The London Leadership Programme (LLP) focuses on helping senior officers wishing to advance their careers to gain a greater understanding of what it takes to be a chief officer or a chief executive, and help develop the personal skills and resilience in order to take on these challenges.
The key objectives of the LLP are:
- Support effective system leadership in London by identifying the generic perspectives, skills and behaviours required to work at all levels including sub-regional, pan-London and cross sector.
- Prepare participants to lead and work in diverse organisations in the rapidly changing context of local government.
- Focus on collaborative skills development to support the London devolution agenda and growing trend in sub-regional work and shared services.
- Create visibility of the available talent across London’s local authorities in a highly competitive London labour market.
- Encourage the diversity of senior leaders across London local authorities.
- Support collaborative sustainable network(s) in London.
The Future of the Programme
Now moving into its fifth year, nearly 150 senior officers from across London having participated in the programme, and the LLP Board is commissioning two further cohorts as well as support for the growing alumni group. We are refreshing the programme content to ensure that participants continue to be challenged and prepared for the current and future challenges that London faces.
We anticipate Cohort 5 beginning in April 2021